COVID-19 ARRIVAL PROCEDURES – 23 AUGUST 2021
Arrival to Israel during this current period requires compliance with special Covid-19 regulations of the Ministry of Health and Immigration Authority. As such, the Hebrew University is legally bound to the strict compliance of these regulations and is responsible for overseeing their implementation.
It is recommended to read carefully the Government of Israel COVID-19 regulations here.
Please be aware that currently there is no entry to Israel for persons:
- From red countries – see here for the list of red countries. Note that this list is being updated on a frequent basis and you are requested to monitor this list.
- Who are not fully vaccinated or recovered.
List of Topics
- Health Insurance
- Application to Enter Israel
- PCR Test Prior to Arrival and on Arrival
- Transportation from the Airport
- Guidance on Arrival in Israel
- External Websites
- REGISTRATION – required in order to initiate the student arrival process
It is MANDATORY for each new and continuing/returning student/post doctoral fellow (with the exception of Rothberg International School and Faculty of Agriculture students) to register in our pre-arrival website (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for registration link).
Rothberg International School (RIS) students should contact Ms. Linda Lipstein email@example.com
Faculty of Agriculture students should contact – Ms. Mahyan Gohn firstname.lastname@example.org
- Following registration, students will receive a letter detailing the arrival process, including information regarding health insurance, reservations and costs of self-quarantine accommodations.
- Students will be required to submit all requested documents and self-quarantine payment via an online system.
- Students will receive ongoing support prior to arrival and throughout their self-quarantine.
In accordance with the new regulations, all new students are required to apply for an A2 Student Visa via the Israeli embassy/consulate nearest their place of residence.
Students will be required to present the following two documents, which they will receive from the university after completion of payment for self-quarantine and health insurance:
- Letter of commitment from the Hebrew University to comply with the rules of the Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Health permission form granted to the Hebrew University.
Due to the dynamic situation, travel disruptions can be expected. We strongly recommend not to book your flights until receipt of visa and entry permit.
C. HEALTH INSURANCE
It is mandatory for all students to purchase health insurance with Covid-19 coverage. Information on health insurance procedures can be found here.
The Israeli Government requires all incoming students who are arriving to Israel to enter self-quarantine period upon arrival.
The self-quarantine period must be completed in a university approved location that has been pre-approved by the Ministry of Health with the exception of continuing students have been travelling abroad and returning to Israel who are permitted to quarantine in their private apartments, on condition that the self-quarantine conditions are compatible with the Ministry of Health guidelines.
There are several options of university accommodation available (Student Village, Maiersdorf Faculty House, Reisfeld Faculty Club at Faculty of Agriculture) at various prices, depending on availability.
The student support team will assist students, residing in university accommodation, throughout their quarantine with food supplies and meals. During this period, students who develop symptoms will be relocated from their shared apartment to a newly allocated room.
The University has designated Covid-19 contact persons in the case of queries and emergencies.
E. PRE-DEPARTURE PLANNING
Prior to travel, students are requested to check on the entry regulations, including online entry statement and PCR tests. Please see the current regulations here.
G. TRANSPORTATION FROM THE AIRPORT
On arrival in Israel, please note that it is mandatory to arrive to the self-quarantine facility individually, in a private taxi with no more than one additional passenger, or with nuclear family members. Travel by public transportation from the airport is strictly forbidden and taxi transport arrangements are provided to students, on a pre-paid basis.
H. GUIDANCE UPON ARRIVAL IN ISRAEL
- Travelers are required by law to wear a facemask that covers the nose and mouth at the airport and aboard the aircraft.
- Passengers must practice proper hygiene, which includes washing hands with sanitizers.
Shortening Self-quarantine information
Full details on self-quarantine procedures can be found here
Developing Covid-19 Symptoms
Should students develop Covid-19 symptoms or receive a positive PCR result, please contact Emergency Line: +972 (0)54 8820217
Please note that entry into the campus will be permitted for students who have been fully vaccinated and present a green pass.
- Pre-arrival Support: Limore Choukroun, Email: email@example.com
- General Support: Meron Guttel, International Research Students Coordinator, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visa Questions: Ms. Gal Lombrozo, Email: email@example.com
- Faculty of Agriculture (all administrative arrangements, including visas): Ms. Mahyan Gohn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- USEFUL WEBSITES
- Policy of Entry into Israel
- Apply for an Entry Statement Permit (24 hours prior to flight)
- Ministry of Health – Entry into Israel
Due to the dynamic situation, students are responsible to stay updated on the travel regulations.
- A NEW ACADEMIC ERA: Hebrew University of Jerusalem and Morocco’s Mohammed VI Polytechnic University Sign Historic Agreement
- Call for Applications Global Young Scientists Summit (GYSS) 2022
- The Berkeley Institute Calls for Visiting Faculty and Scholars Applications for 2022-2023.
- Council for Higher Education of Israel – PhD Sandwich Scholarship Program Call for Applications – Fall 2021
- “Lead the Future” Call for Application: Schwarzman Scholars- Young Leaders' One-Year Global Affairs Master’s Program in Beijing, China
- Open Call for Research Groups 2023-2024 Academic Year. Israel Institute for Advanced Studies at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
- Open Call for Individual Fellowships 2023-2024 Academic Year. Israel Institute for Advanced Studies at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- Two Capital City Leading Universities Join Forces - Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IITD) and The Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI) Deepen their Partnership – February 2021
- 1 of 18