Consistently ranked as one of the Top 100 universities in the world, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem offers world-class exchange programs for university and college students interested in broadening their horizons while receiving outstanding theoretical and practical instruction.
Join the ranks of exchange students from partner universities around the globe who have immersed themselves in rich Israeli culture, the historical landmarks of Jerusalem, the night life, cuisine, touring and friendly companionship of fellow students as they study and excel in a top-seed university.
Students coming to HU in the framework of exchange programs may study under the following tracks:
- University-Level Exchange Agreements (all fields) – List of Partner Universities
- Faculty-Level Exchange Agreements - List of Faculty Partner Universities
- Erasmus+ - List of Erasmus Partners
How Do Our Exchange Programs Work?
Rules of Thumb
- Your home institution must be a HUJI partner through a formal reciprocal exchange agreement.
- You must be nominated for the program by your home institution's exchange coordinator.
- You must apply to HUJI and, if selected, you remain enrolled with your home institution and continue to pay your home institution fees. You will be exempt from HUJI tuition fees.
- The courses you take in HUJI may be credited towards your degree by your home institution, on approval of your home institution.
How to Apply for an Exchange Program?
Before you apply, please check that you can answer YES to the following questions:
- Are you a student at one of HUJI's exchange partners?
- Has your home university nominated and approved your application to HUJI for a specific HUJI program of study?
- Has your home university sent a confirmation letter to the HUJI International Office?
- Have you received application instructions from the Coordinator at your home university?
If you responded YES to all the above questions, please contact the exchange coordinator at your institution regarding application procedures.
What can you study?
Incoming exchange students can take a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate level classes (lectures, exercises and seminars) taught in English and Hebrew (conditional on meeting Hebrew Language requirements).
Additionally, various university faculties offer clusters (~20 credits of courses) of innovative courses in English, and specially tailored for a duration of 10 weeks**
- Addressing the Challenges of Diversity in Israeli Education
- Intertwined Worlds: Abrahamic Religions in the Mediterranean Basin
- The Many Faces of Globalization
- Israel Studies
- Conflict and Conflict Resolution under International Law
- From Chemistry to Material Science
- Molecular Biology
Exchange students can also take courses offered at Rothberg International School (RIS) which offers a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate level classes in English.
For more information on all courses, see the following websites:
*Most of the courses in the University faculty level programs are open to exchange students, pending availability. Participation in some courses require approval from the department in which the student wishes to study. The Faculty of Social Sciences accepts exchange students to electives only.
**HUJI academic year operates from October to June. Academic courses generally are 14 weeks, with the exception of clusters courses that are 10 weeks and short courses.
RIS undergraduate academic year is slightly shorter. For detailed information please see below links:
|Autumn Semester||October 13 - December 22, 2020|
|Registration||For Autumn Semester Exchange students||October 12, 2020|
|Autumn Semester Begins||All Rothberg Undergraduate Division Programs||October 13, 2020|
|Autumn Semester Begins||All HU Faculty Departments||October 18, 2020|
|Midterm Exam Week||Rothberg Undergraduate Courses only||November 15 - 19, 2020|
|Modern Hebrew Language Final Exam||December 21, 2020|
|Autumn Semester Ends||Rothberg Undergraduate Division Programs||December 21, 2020|
|Autumn Semester Ends||All HU Faculty Departments||December 22, 2020|
|Final Exams (Rothberg Undergraduate Division Programs)||December 22, 2020|
|Final Exams period - All HU Faculty Departments||TBD|
|Vacating the dorms Autumn Semester||December 24, 2020|