Visas and Government Permits

All students coming to Israel for a semester, or for a year- or degree program must acquire a multiple-entry A/2 student visa from the Israeli Consulate in their country of residence before arriving in Israel. This visa is generally issued for 12 months; thus students who are coming for the year are advised to obtain the visa close to their date of departure. If needed, the visa can be extended yearly until the end of the student's studies.

For questions regarding the visa process please contact:

General information:

Extension of visas for an additional period:

Rothberg Hebrew Ulpan students:

Rothberg Undergraduate program:

Rothberg Graduate program:

Regular students (BA and MA):

Doctoral students:

Postdoctoral students: 

Visiting researchers:

If you are coming with family members (spouse and/or child) they should acquire multiple-entry accompanying family A/4 visa prior to arrival in Israel. In this scenario, please bring with you copies of your marriage license and your children's birth certificates (official English translations), as applicable. You will need these documents in order to extend your family's visas.

Postdoctoral students from India, China and Korea must contact Ms. Limor Levy Email: for help with their specific visa applications.

Please note that holders of A/2 student visas and A/4 accompanying family visas are not allowed to work in Israel. Students are allowed to receive fellowships.