Covid-19 Update: 21 January 2021
Entry Permits and Updated Directive for New and Returning International Students:
Due to the increase of Covid-19 cases and the resulting lockdown, we would like to inform you that the Israeli Government has further tightened regulations on air travel.
All students and post-doctoral fellows who left the country and wish to return once the lockdown restrictions are lifted are requested to complete the following form ASAP, (Rothberg students should contact Fatima Sbitan – email: firstname.lastname@example.org ; Faculty of Agriculture students should contact Mahyan Gohn – email: email@example.com) if you have not already done so, in order for us to support you with your return preparations.
If you have already filled out the form, no need to do it again.
The International Office will be happy to assist returning students with requesting entry permits on your behalf directly to the Immigration Authorities when it will be possible. New student will be required to receive entry permits from their local embassy/consulate.
The Rothberg International School will assist with reservations for your self-quarantine accommodation, food provisions, taxi transportation, as in the past. You will receive a link to proceed to payment online prior to your arrival, unless covered by your supervisor.
We want to reiterate that students should not leave the country at the moment, unless absolutely necessary, as return cannot be guaranteed. Kindly notify the International Office of your travel plans prior to departure.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep you informed.
Covid-19 Update: 10 January 2021
The Ministry of Interior has announced an automatic visa extension:
Visas listed below expiring from 10.1.2021 will be automatically extended until 30.3.2021
Urgent visa conversions and extensions
· Students who arrived in Israel with a tourist visa, when it was allowed, and have to convert it to a student visa.
· Sudents which their visa has been expired before January 10th.
Students from the two categories above are requested to send an email to Gal Lombrozo – Gallom@savion.huji.ac.il with copy of their passport, up-to-date invitation letter and a short description of their case, in order to assess their situation.
Other students that their visa expired after January 10th, are asked to complete this form for assistance with renewal towards the end of March.
The International Office
Promoting strategic international collaborations.
Managing student exchange programs.
Supporting visiting scientists and scholars.
These are just a few of the areas in which the Hebrew University International Office enriches the academic environment for both our international and Israeli students, as well as our faculty.
We create and support cooperation with academic institutions abroad. This, while proactively driving internationalization with a futuristic, multi-dimensional, and interdisciplinary vision.
We encourage faculties and departments to increase the number of courses and full degree programs offered in English. The promotion and creation of joint and double degrees are also being encouraged.
Our goal is to maximize the mutual benefit of each and every relationship we create between individuals and educational institutions around the world.
For study opportunities in the Hebrew University, click here.
- Faculty of Law Student Exchange meeting
- Council for Higher Education of Israel - PhD Sandwich Scholarship Program Call for Applications – 2021
- *NEW* Excellence Fellowship Program for International Postdoctoral Researchers
- Azrieli International Postdoctoral Fellowship in Israel
- Visas and Entry Permits for Incoming International Students, Post Docs and Researchers
- 2020-2021 Call for Nominations for the Zuckerman STEM Leadership Program for Postdoctoral Scholars.
- Call for Joint Online Courses in the Academic Year 2021-2022
- *Deadline Extension* Hebrew University of Jerusalem and University of Bonn/Germany Collaborative Research Grant – 2020/21