Covid-19 Travel Update: 21st of February 2021
Entry Permits and Updated Directive for New and Returning International Students:
Due to the latest decision of the Israeli government, the borders of the State of Israel will remain closed until March 6th.
Entry permits are not currently being issued until further notice.
Exceptions can be granted on humanitarian or lifesaving grounds after examination by a special committee.
Special committee request: https://www.gov.il/en/service/special-request-to-fly (in Hebrew only)
The International Office will be happy to assist returning students with requesting entry permits on your behalf directly to the Immigration Authorities when consular services resume. New students will be required to receive entry permits from their local embassy/consulate.
Kindly notify the International Office of your travel plans prior to departure.
We will continue to monitor the situation and will keep you informed.
The International Office Team
Covid-19 Update: 10 January 2021
The Ministry of Interior has announced an automatic visa extension:
Visas listed below expiring from 10.1.2021 will be automatically extended until 30.3.2021
Urgent visa conversions and extensions
· Students who arrived in Israel with a tourist visa, when it was allowed, and have to convert it to a student visa.
· Sudents which their visa has been expired before January 10th.
Students from the two categories above are requested to send an email to Gal Lombrozo – Gallom@savion.huji.ac.il with copy of their passport, up-to-date invitation letter and a short description of their case, in order to assess their situation.
Other students that their visa expired after January 10th, are asked to complete this form for assistance with renewal towards the end of March.
The International Office
Promoting strategic international collaborations.
Managing student exchange programs.
Supporting visiting scientists and scholars.
These are just a few of the areas in which the Hebrew University International Office enriches the academic environment for both our international and Israeli students, as well as our faculty.
We create and support cooperation with academic institutions abroad. This, while proactively driving internationalization with a futuristic, multi-dimensional, and interdisciplinary vision.
We encourage faculties and departments to increase the number of courses and full degree programs offered in English. The promotion and creation of joint and double degrees are also being encouraged.
Our goal is to maximize the mutual benefit of each and every relationship we create between individuals and educational institutions around the world.
For study opportunities in the Hebrew University, click here.
- The Hebrew University of Jerusalem – UKSPINE (a consortium led by University of Oxford) Joint Seed Fund: Call for Proposals 2021 Connecting Capabilities in Ageing Research and Computational Medicine
- The Ministry of Interior has announced an automatic visa extension
- University of Texas / Hebrew University Collaboration - Global Faculty Research Seed Grants
- Most Global Talent Internship Program Summer 2021 - Call for Applications
- Cooperation in the field of Jewish Studies in the Berlin-Brandenburg Science Region with the Hebrew University of Jerusalem will be intensified
- U of I, Hebrew University launch 4 collaborative R&D teams
- Faculty of Law Student Exchange meeting
- Council for Higher Education of Israel - PhD Sandwich Scholarship Program Call for Applications – 2021