The Hebrew University of Jerusalem has joined forces with four leading universities worldwide in building a new University Alliance for Sustainability (UAS). The project is funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and will focus on sustainability as a comprehensive topic for collaboration in research, teaching, and campus management.
The UAS will use the partners' complementary strengths to develop joint research and teaching projects, offer exchange options for faculty, staff and students, and foster inter-institutional learning with regard to management issues. Funding will also be available for research stays for researchers, summer schools for PhD students, conferences on the topic of "Green Campus" for management personnel, and several study and internship abroad options.
This call for applications offers one month research stays at Freie Universitaet Berlin for development of research in the fields of sustainable development or advancement of research on sustainability.
This call for applications is for the year 2021 and has to be realized at 2021.
Amount of grant: The funding will include:
1. Travel costs (up to 400 Euro By the Advanced School for Environmental Studies)
2. Monthly stipend for up to one month (2,000 Euro in a lump sum)
The stay will be funded by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) and the costs will be returned from Freie Univeraitat Berlin
Applicants should send the following documents:
1. Description of the research topic
2. Formulated plan and goals of the research project’s relevance to the field of Governance for Sustainable Development / Advancing Sustainability
3. The Name of the German research partner from Freie Universitaet Berlin, please add his/her department.
The application is to be submitted by October 1st, 2021 to:
The Advanced School for Environmental Studies, Liora Haver