Scholarships for study and research stays at Saxon universities or The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
Deadline for applications: 31 July, 2020
Students and researchers of The Hebrew University and Saxon universities (see institution list below) are invited to apply for study and research stays at Saxon universities or The Hebrew University, respectively.
(1) Graduate students on research track, PhD students, Postdoctoral Fellows and young researchers up to a maximum of 5 years after their doctorate, who are enrolled or employed at a Saxon university or at The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, from the fields of Political Science, International Relations, Economics, Law, Sociology, Social Psychology, Contemporary History and Cultural Studies, whose research focuses on the field of European Studies, including German-Israeli relations and the Middle East conflict.
(2) Scholarship holders are obliged to have their place of residence exclusively in Israel (possibly in Jerusalem) or Saxony, respectively, during the time of their stay and to name a full time faculty member of The Hebrew University of Jerusalem/a Saxon university as their mentor.
Mobility duration: 3 weeks to 6 months (mobility should be completed by 31/12/2020).
(1) Monthly subsidy: Graduate students: €410 per month; PhD students: €920 per month; Postdoctoral Fellows and young researchers: a maximum of €1540 per month (depending on their salary bracket).
(2) Travel: €620 for the trip to Israel/Germany, and €210 for traveling within the country (with individual receipt). Full-time staff (‘unbeurlaubt’) will receive a scholarship of a maximum of what is provided according to the German Travel Expenses Act, to a maximum of €930 (€620 plus €310).
(3) The scholarship is not meant to be used to cover any tuition fees.
Participating Saxon Institutions:
Technische Universität Dresden
Technische Universität Chemnitz
Technische Universität Bergakademie Freiberg
For application instructions and further details, please refer to the attached document.