Submission Deadline: 10 January 2023
Applications for the 2023-24 academic year are now being accepted.
Application Deadline: 10 January 2023
Due to an ongoing strike at the Foreign Ministry, you may have been informed that your local consulate cannot issue you a student visa. As a temporary solution and only if your local embassy has informed you it will not issue visas, we recommend that you arrive on a tourist visa and convert it to a student visa at the Interior Ministry in Israel.
Global Research Program: Global Internships for Research and Practice-Based Learning
The Global Research Program is a virtual/on-site international experience program that supports research and creative projects in UC Chile and international partner universities within the framework of Global Internships for Research and Practice-Based Learning.
The program aims to enhance and stimulate research collaboration at a global level connecting researchers with master’s and senior undergraduate students within new, creative, and innovative international research opportunities.
The call is open to all areas of knowledge, and interdisciplinary projects are especially welcome to apply.
October 19 to November 21 2022 - FACULTY APPLICATION PROCESS
Faculty submit research projects. Deadline extended.
November 30 to December 18 2022 - STUDENTS' APPLICATION PROCESS
International students submit applications for available research projects.
December 2022 - MATCHING AND RESULTS
Start: April/May 2023
Ending: July/August 2023
VIRTUAL INTERNSHIP RESEARCH STARTS
International students end their internships with the possibility of being on-site the last couple of weeks, if applicable.
Dates can be flexible and agreed between the researcher and the student.
Faculty eligibility criteria:
· Every lead researcher of the project must be a full associate or assistant professor of UC Chile or the partner university with at least 22 working hours. This call will not admit internship offers for those who do not meet this requirement. Each institution may add its own requirements
· Each faculty member can act as the lead researcher of only one project; the intern's contribution must be clearly identified on the internship offer.
· Each project may have more than one student working on it.
· Every lead researcher shall be able to supervise one or two international students at his/her institution
· Every lead researcher shall be able to host international students within the stipulated dates of the program: Internships must start in April or May and end in July or August 2023.
• Applications OPEN: October 19th, 2022
• Applications CLOSE: January 9th, 2023
• Outcome notification: February 2023
• The workshops should be conducted between March 1st, 2023 and February 29th, 2024
For further information please contact:
• HUJI Program Coordinator: Alma Lessing (International Office, International Partnerships & Development, email@example.com)
Teaching Requirements Participants are required to deliver a minimum of 8 hours teaching per week (or part of week). Teaching can take on a variety of different forms, such as guest presentations in local courses related to expertise, workshops for graduate/doctoral student, one on one supervision, public lectures, etc.
Support for research-based stays is not provided within the scope of Erasmus+, however, research activities may be conducted in combination with a teaching stay.
There are 3 Internal HUJI Submission Deadlines:
The CREATE Fellowship is a newly launched opportunity for Mid to Senior Professorial-level researchers to flexibly collaborate on cutting-edge research programmes at CREATE, an international collaboratory of research centres set up by top global universities and research institutes in Singapore.
Mid to Senior Professorial-level researchers who
• demonstrate a high level of achievement in scientific research as evidenced by a proven record of impactful outcomes from research conducted
• have a PhD completed at least 7 years previously
• are based outside of Singapore and have agreed with the intended CREATE host institution on the proposed collaborative research and duration
• are able to fulfil the stipulated award duration in collaboration with the intended CREATE programme
Funding and Duration
Each CREATE Fellowship will cover stipends and expenses including travel and accommodation, for a period of 12 months spread over no more than 4 years.
Partnership Coordinators in Singapore:
Prof. Shlomo Sasson
Director of SHARE
Deadline for Applications: November 2, 2022
With the goal of facilitating cooperation in the framework of a strategic partnership, Freie Universität Berlin (FUB) and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI) have established a joint seed money funding scheme, to enable FUB and HUJI faculty and researchers to identify complementary strengths, facilitate the use of synergies, and promote the development of outstanding future research projects.
Call for Proposals published August 4, 2022
Proposal submission deadline October 28, 2022
Announcement of awards December 2022
Commencing the proposed activities January 1, 2023
• Publication of the application: 18 July 2022
• Submission deadline: 18 October 2022
• Selection decision: October/November 2022
• Project start: December 2022 • Project duration: max. 18 months
First round: Applications should be submitted by August 15, 2022. The screening process will take place during September and final decisions will be sent by the end of October 2022.
Second round: Applications should be submitted by January 15, 2023. The screening process will take place during February and final decisions will be sent by the beginning of the second semester, March 12, 2023.
Please contact the Authority for Research Students at firstname.lastname@example.org
Scholarships are available for new international PhD candidates who are neither citizens nor residents of the State of Israel. For this call only – PhD students currently enrolled in their first year at the Hebrew University (having commenced their studies no earlier than October 2021) are eligible to apply.
Each academic year, the University will award up to 25 new scholarships in the amount of 2,000 NIS per month, for a period of up to four years.
The scholarship is open to candidates holding a Master’s research-thesis track degree from an accredited university (or a comparable degree) or those who are in their final year of studies toward such accreditation.
Scholarship eligibility is intended for candidates from all academic fields who meet the following criteria:
✓ The candidate is a not an Israeli citizen or resident of Israel.
✓ The candidate demonstrates academic excellence. This will be examined by the Authority for Research Students (according to the information in the application file for doctoral studies - grades of the master’s degree, general average and thesis grade, published papers and letters of recommendation).
✓ The supervisor (or relevant academic department /alternative source of funding) agrees to provide the student with an additional living stipend in the amount of minimum 4,000 NIS per month for the 4-year duration of the scholarship period (resulting in a monthly allocation of minimum 6,000 NIS). The applicant must submit a guarantee from their supervisor (or the alternative source of funding) for this “matching” stipend in the amount of minimum 4,000 NIS per month.
✓ The candidate has been accepted for doctoral studies at the university or is currently in the first year of doctoral studies at the university, having commenced no earlier than October 2021.
✓ Students are enrolled in the Direct PhD Track, upon acceptance for PhD studies by the Authority for Research Students.
✓ Students who are pursuing a joint doctoral/cotutelle degree with an international university. If the primary academic body is the Hebrew University, the scholarship can be awarded for up to four years. If the primary academic body is the foreign university, the scholarship can be awarded for the period during which the student is physically in Israel (up to one year).
The student is required to demonstrate compliance with the terms outlined above. Scholarships will be awarded in accordance with the guidelines for subsidies for accredited PhD students.
Scholarship requests must be submitted to the Authority for Research Student at email@example.com, by the dates detailed below.
Applications will be reviewed by the Authority for Research Students and the International Office and determine the final scholarship awardees.