• Publication of the application: 18 July 2022
• Submission deadline: 18 October 2022
• Selection decision: October/November 2022
• Project start: December 2022 • Project duration: max. 18 months
Through this grant, the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI) and the University of Vienna (UNIVIE) aim to fund a joint research project to expand common research interests at both universities and strengthen existing networks. The call is open to applicants from all disciplines with the exception of Austrian Studies.
In the medium term, this measure is expected to lead to further research collaborations; especially externally funded projects, as well as joint publications, thus deepening the Strategic Partnership. In addition, the participating research groups shall be encouraged to work more closely together beyond the project activities and identify further areas of cooperation (e.g. joint teaching, lectures, and events).
Funding and Eligible Costs:
In the Call 2022 one (1) project will be funded. The maximum funding amounts to 30,000€ (15,000 per partner).
Eligible costs are:
• Travel expenses and subsistence costs
• Material costs (e.g. consumables) and costs for equipment/infrastructure (e.g. rent for research equipment) necessary for the implementation of the research project (except basic equipment such as computers). At UNIVIE personnel costs are not eligible for funding. At HUJI (partial) scholarships for advanced students would be eligible for funding.